Yoga being important for health & well-being, Government of India has issued guidelines for the opening of yoga centres. In this context, Government of Karnataka has issued the following guidelines to Yoga centres for strict compliance and to contain the spread of COVID-19 in the state, which is being followed at Indea Yoga.
This document outlines various precautionary measures that have been adopted in general. These guidelines aim to minimize physical contacts between staff, members & visitors and ensure other preventive and safety measures.
SPECIFIC SAFETY MEASURES ADAPTED BY INDEA YOGA
- Course admission is restricted to limited no. of participants in order to maintain possible social distancing.
- Visitors are not allowed into the campus.
- Encouraging card-based/ contactless payments.
- The entrance has mandatory hand hygiene (sanitizer dispenser) and thermal screening provisions. If any person has a body temperature ≥37.5°C (≥99.5°F), they shall be referred to seek immediate medical consultation.
- A record of check-in and check-out timings of members and visitors is being maintained.
- All the area within the premises is being disinfected. The areas being disinfected are as follows –
- Entrances to the premise, building, rooms
- Washrooms and toilets
- All other frequently touched surfaces (doorknobs, handles, etc.)
- Other areas as applicable
- Use of outdoor spaces at Indea Yoga for practices like Yogic Kriya(s).
- The housekeeping staff is well informed & trained about norms for regular disinfection, waste management, and disposal.
- Appropriate personal protection gears like face covers/masks, face-shields, hand sanitizers etc. are made available by management to the members, visitors & staff.
- In yoga centers, shoes/footwear are to be preferably taken off outside the premises where yoga exercises are done. If needed they should be kept in separate slots for each individual/family by the persons themselves.
GENERAL PREVENTIVE MEASURES
- Persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women, lactating mothers and children below the age of 10 years are advised not to perform yoga in closed spaces.
- Individuals shall maintain social distance as feasible.
- Use of face covers / face masks is mandatory at all times with in the premises. However, during yoga exercise, as far as possible only a face-shield may be used. Use of mask (in particular N-95 masks) during exercise causes difficulty in breathing and shall be avoided.
- Practice frequent hand washing with liquid soap even when hands are not visibly dirty. Alternatively use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers can be practiced wherever feasible.
- Respiratory etiquettes shall be strictly followed. This involves covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing off used tissues in a closed bin
- All are advised to self-monitor their health regularly. If any symptoms like fever, cough, cold, throat pain, weakness, body ache, loss of smell, loss of taste, diarrhoea, etc. appear they shall visit the nearest hospital/ heath centre/ fever clinic for medical consultation immediately or call Apthamitra helpline 14410.
- Installation & use of Aarogya Setu App shall be advised to all.
- Spitting should be strictly prohibited.
WHAT IS THAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU?
- Follow the outlined precautionary measures for your own good.
- Avoid leaving the campus unnecessarily. If you need anything from outside, we’ll arrange it for you