AshtangaVinyasa Yoga Teachers Training -Level 2 (RYS 300 hours)
An intensive program that trains you on the advanced knowledge and skill required to deepen your practice and teaching skills.
Level 2 Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training consists of deepening your Asana, Pranayama and Meditation Practice. Learn about Bandhas, Kriyas and Mudras and delve deeper into teaching and hands-on adjustment techniques. You will also learn to identify the yoga practice suitable for over twenty different diseases.
During the 4-week long course, you learn how to build a rapport with your students, understand their strengths and improvement areas and work with their mind, body and breath, in a way they feel confident and energised about their practice.
On successfully completing the Level 2 certification, you will become eligible to enrol for Level 3 teachers training.
This Level 2 course has been specially designed to give students the opportunity for personal development and to intensively deepen their own practice.
Module 1: AshtangaVinyasa Asana Practice
One will attend two strong Asana practice sessions daily.
Morning asanas cover the AshtangaVInyasa Primary or Intermediate Series.
Thrice a week, a student will lead the class in practice as a part of their assessable training.
Module 2: Asana Technique Classes
The JalandaraBandha, UddiyanaBandha, MoolaBandha and MahaBandha will be taught to the students with its technique, benefits and contraindications.
Students will learn and practice Jalaneti, Sutra Neti, Kaphalabati, Trataka, Shankprakshalana, and Dhouti.
Yoni Mudra, Bhairava Mudra, Hridaya Mudra, Shambavi Mudra, NasikagraDristi, Shanmukhi Mudra, etc. will be introduced to the students.
Module 3: Chanting
Students must learn the IndeaYoga opening and closing prayer that are chanted before and after every session
Module 4: Pranayama
You will advance your Pranayama practice from Level 1, applying the technique with Bandhas.
Module 5: Meditation
There will be regular short meditation sessions (around 15-30 minutes per session).
Module 6: Anatomy
This session covers a number of conditions and diseases and how to treat these with yoga.
Module 7: Philosophy
Patanjali Yoga Sutra (Raja Yoga) – VibhutiPada (chapter 3), KaivalyaPada (chapter 4), KarmayogaSlokaSangrahah (Bhagavad Gita), Atma (Nirvana) Shataka will be introduced to the students along with a section on Chakras and Ayurveda principles.
- Students applying for Level 2 teachers training certification should have completed the Level 1 AshtangaVinyasa Yoga T.T.C. at IndeaYoga
- Be able to perform 80% of the Primary Series
- For greater benefits from your visit to the shala, you may practice under IndeaYoga certified teachers available close to your location
- If this is not the case, you may enrol yourself for the AshtangaVinyasa Yoga Guided Self Practice classes, also known as Mysore Style Classes before you start your course in teacher training
December 1st to 28th
Book your spot here with an initial deposit payment.
Course Fee Inclusions
- Accommodation and meals for 28 days
- Access to common residential facilities like iron, washing machine for laundry, etc. ( Click here to know more about residential facilities)
- Course Manuals
Course Fee Exclusions
- Visa charges and arrangements
- Air fare
- Airport pick-up and drop
4 Weeks – Maximum enrolment for the course is 24 students.
|5.00 am||Wake up alarm|
|5.30 am – 5.45 am||Kriyas|
|5.45 am – 7.15 am||Asana Practice|
|7.30 am – 8.15 am||Pranayama|
|8.15 am – 9.00 am||Breakfast Break|
|9.15 am – 10.00 am||Karma Yoga|
|10.00 am – 11.30 am||Technique Class|
|11.30 am – 12.30 pm||Teaching class|
|12.30 pm – 1.30 pm||Anatomy Class|
|1.30 pm – 2.00 pm||Lunch Break|
|2.00 pm – 4.30 pm||Study Break/Rest|
|4.30 pm – 5.30 pm||Philosophy Class|
|5.30 pm – 6.00 pm||Chanting & Meditation|
|6.00 pm – 7.15 pm||Asana Practice|
|7.30 pm – 8.00 pm||Dinner Break|
|8.00 pm – 9.30 pm||Happy Hour|
|9.30 pm||Good Night!|
Schedule is subject to change
Please do not have any other engagements during the course
Students are required to dedicate 2 to 3 hours of self-study every day
On successful completion of a theory and practical exam you graduate with IndeaYoga Training (IYT250+) and Registered Yoga School (RYT 300) with Yoga Alliance certificates.
In the end, you are more than just a teacher. You become a yogi in the truest sense.
While not mandatory, the following books can be referred to for those interested in gaining a better understanding of yoga:
- Light on Yoga by B K S Iyengar
- Yoga: Asanas Pranayama Mudras Kriyas by Vivekananda Kendra Prakashan
- Raja Yoga by Swami Vivekananda
- The Forceful Yoga by G. P Bhatt
- Four Chapters on Freedom by Bihar Yoga
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Muktibodhananda (Bihar Yoga)
- Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha by Swami SatyanandaSaraswati