The Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Course (TTC) Level 1 at IndeaYoga Mysore is intended for practitioners who wish to build foundations on their yoga practice and dive deeper into the philosophy, anatomy and technics of specific asanas. Anyone from future teachers or practitioners with intention of deepening their knowledge are all welcome to this course.
This intense Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training Level 1 engages every student for up to 12hrs a day in practicing and understanding the science of yoga. With interesting sessions on asana techniques, anatomy, philosophy and hands on teaching experience the learning cannot get anymore fun and lively.
One of the unique features of our Level 1 training is that we offer a complimentary, professionally-designed website to each graduate. This is an invaluable tool to help kickstart your teaching journey, allowing you to create an online presence, showcase your skills, and connect with potential students.
You as future teachers will be bombarded with questions from your students. We as teachers in IndeaYoga, believe that after finishing your Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training Level 1 you must be able to find answers to all your questions, and we are more than happy to answer it.
Beginner and Intermediate Classical Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Asanas are taught in the Indea Yoga Style. During this module, you will learn how to practice the Indea Yoga Arogya (Beginner), Abhyasa (Preparatory) and Primary Series.
The Arogya (Beginner) series provides the knowledge and skill to work with students who are injured or extremely stiff, lack flexibility and stability, aging population and beginners to yoga asana.
The Abhyasa (Preparatory) Series provides a good grounding with a wide range of Asanas to improve body balance, strength and flexibility.
The Primary series takes you more deeper into your practice and helps you tap into your fullest possibilities.
Module 2: Asana Technique Classes
Teaching of asanas in all the three series is thoroughly imparted in the following format and the students are expected to learn this sequence in detail for each asana by the end of the course and for the exam.
- Sanskrit name and English translation
- Silent demonstration
- Detailed technique
- Common mistakes
- Class practice and instruction
Module 3: Individual Practice – Leading a Group Class to Develop the Teacher in You
Applying the above 8-step teaching methodology, students will take several teaching sessions, leading fellow TTC students in a classroom setting through a mock teaching class multiple times during the course. The aim is for the students to gain knowledge of the methodology of teaching that includes the principles of demonstration, instructions and observation. Students may be required to observe Indea Yoga teachers who take the Mysore Style (Guided Self Practice) classes.
Module 4: Pranayama
A selection of energizing and relaxing pranayama techniques will be taught during the course.
Module 5: Anatomy Lessons
A general overview of the structure and function of the human anatomy will be taught for the student to co-relate the impact of their practice on the body.
Module 6: Key Shlokas: Meaning and Context
Students are expected to learn the prescribed opening and closing prayers, their meanings, and also familiarize themselves with chanting a few other mantras.
Module 7: Overview of Yoga Philosophy and Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
Basics from the study of yoga scriptures, ethics for yoga teachers and life of a yogi are introduced to the student.
- Meaning of the word “Yoga”
- Raja Yoga of Patanjali
- Pancha Koshas
- Overview of Chakras
- Overview of Patanjali Yoga Sutras and Ashtanga (eight-fold) Yoga with a more detailed Satsang on selected sutras from chapters 1 (SamadhiPada) and 2 (SadhanaPada) of the sutras.
Module 8: Self-practice
Self-study, study of recommended books, participating in discussion and practice of all the above-mentioned topics is expected from each student throughout the four week course.
- Students must have at least 6 months of Ashtanga yoga practice.
- Be able to perform 80 % of the Preparatoty Series Asanas and 60% of the Primary Series Asanas. You can prepare the series at home with the help of IndeaYoga YouTube Channel.
- For greater benefits from your visit to the shala, you may practice under IndeaYoga certified teachers available close to your location.
- If this is not the case, you may enrol yourself for the Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Guided Self Practice classes, also known as Mysore Style Classes before you start your course in teacher training.
Course Dates :
- 3rd January to 30th January 2024
- 1st February to 28th February 2024
- 1st April to 27th April 2024
- 1st May to 28th May 2024
For future course dates visit here :
- Enrolment priority will be given to our past students and IndeaYoga practitioners.
- 1099 USD (shared occupancy) and 1349 USD (single occupancy).
Register and book your seat by paying an advance of 199 USD
Course Fee Exclusions :
- Visa charges and arrangements
- Airport pick-up and drop
|5.00 am Wake up alarm|
|5.30 am – 5.45 am||Kriyas|
|5.45 am – 7.15 am||Asana Practice|
|7.30 am – 8.30 am||Pranayama|
|8.30 am – 9.30 am||Breakfast|
|9.30 am – 10.00 am||Break|
|10.00 am – 11.30 am||Technique Class|
|11.30 am – 12.30 pm||Teaching class|
|12.30 pm – 1.30 pm||Anatomy Class|
|1.30 pm – 2.00 pm||Lunch Break|
|2.00 pm – 3.30 pm||Rest & Digital Break (can use cell phones) In order to experience the best of this course, we ask you to turn off and keep your electronic devices – phones, laptops, etc in the Safety locker room for the duration of the course. You will be given your devices daily this time only to reach your family and friends.|
|3.30 pm – 5.15 pm||Philosophy & Chanting|
|5.15 pm – 6.45 pm||Asana Practice|
|7.00 pm – 8.00 pm||Dinner|
|8.00 pm – 9.00 pm||Study hour|
|9.00 pm – 9.30 pm||Reflection hours|
|9.30 pm||Good Night|
On successful completion of a theory and practical exam you graduate with IndeaYoga Training (IYT250+) and Registered Yoga School (RYS 200) with Yoga Alliance certificates. In the end, you are more than just a teacher. You become a yogi in the truest sense.
Boost Your Yoga Teaching with a Personal Website
To further enhance your professional profile as a yoga teacher, we’re excited to offer you a free, AI-powered personal website when you enroll in our Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Course (TTC) Level 1.
- Personal Bio: Highlight your yoga journey, qualifications, and teaching style.
- Class Details: Showcase your class types, levels, and durations.
- Gallery: Share beautiful photos from your classes or personal practice.
- Testimonials: Highlight reviews and feedback from your students.
- Featured Video: Share a class video or educational content for your students.
Your professional website is mobile-responsive, ensuring a seamless browsing experience for your students across devices. It’s easy to set up and update, and you get the power of AI technology to keep it fresh and engaging. Leverage this platform to grow your online presence and attract more students to your classes.
While not mandatory, the following books can be referred to for those interested in gaining a better understanding of yoga:
- Light on Yoga by B K S Iyengar
- Yoga: Asanas Pranayama Mudras Kriyas by Vivekananda Kendra Prakashan
- Raja Yoga by Swami Vivekananda
- The Forceful Yoga by G. P Bhatt
- Four Chapters on Freedom by Bihar Yoga
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Muktibodhananda (Bihar Yoga)
- Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha by Swami SatyanandaSaraswati
Our teachers for Level 1 - TTC
Share it, Spread it
Share this course with your friends & family